Monday, December 6, 2010

I DIDN'T KILL ANYONE!!

Just a quick note to celebrate the utter excitement I'm feeling:

I drove alone in Hedwig and I didn't hit anything or kill anyone!!!   
(picture me doing my happy dance)

Todd and I drove around downtown Dunedin in a large circle, several times, before I felt comfortable enough to let him jump out and get a haircut.  I then continued on in the loop to drop something off at Laura's office and after going around the loop twice, I picked Todd up again and all was well with the world.  

There was a fair amount of jack-rabbiting, a couple tire squeals (but it was wet!), and a few odd looks... but Teo Ma Ruru pulled through and together (with Todd's help and a few gasps) we made it in and out of a treacherous car park, avoided several silly drivers and pedestrians and made it back up the large hill, including a wee hill stop that I unconsciously didn't notice so I didn't freak out about it and no hand brake was required.

Altogether a Red Letter Day and I felt like sharing my fabulous news.  

Regularly scheduled blogposts with pictures and actual stories/adventures will resume tomorrow.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment