Sunday, November 21, 2010

Auckland to Dunedin, Day 2


Monday, we left Gisborne and drove all the way to Wellington stopping in Napier for lunch, along with a cruise ship.  Napier is a really cute little city.  After lunch we walked to the beach and had a wee photo session with the burnt driftwood…



From PCH to PCH!
4 hours later, we reached Wellington, checked into the hotel and went to visit the Beehive.  The Beehive is the NZ capital building.  Personally, I think it’s fugly, hence my picture with it:
After dinner, we watched a little more of the 5 day Cricket match between India and the New Zealand Black Caps.  Todd has been watching Cricket trying to learn the rules.  He explained a bunch to me while at the hotel in Gisborne.  Cricket is totally baseball on crack, but interesting no less, especially when you’re trying to figure out what the heck is going on.  Apparently we’ll be playing Cricket on the beach with Vanessa on Christmas.  I’m stoked.

Aspects of NZ scenery that remind me of stuff from home:

1) the Lego trees (as I’ve so named them due to their resemblance to said Lego trees)
Lego's trees








A Lego tree through the windshield... they were Everywhere!
The Lego Tree up close - literally
2) the sheep manicured hills - we think it’s their walking along the hills that create the ridge lines which make all these hills like topographical models I used to build in my architecture studio:
What topographical models looks like - this one isn't mine
All the hills on the North Island and the South Island that have sheep on them

No comments:

Post a Comment